Juju service provider for XCP

Mike McClurg mike.mcclurg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 21:07:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Kapil Thangavelu
<kapil.thangavelu at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Twas nice to meet you at the charm school session at uds. A xcp provider would
> be great.

> Let us know if you have any more questions, the dev team also hangs out
> regularly in #juju.

Hi Kapil,

It was good to meet you too (and UDS was a blast ;) ). I've started
work on an XCP provider, and there are a couple other devs in my
office who are interested in helping out. Hopefully we'll have
something working soon.

I was wondering if you could tell me what the process is for getting a
new service provider included in the official Juju package. Is that
something I should want? Or is it recommended that additional
providers are installed separately? If an XCP provider is something
that can be included in the main package, then what kind of deadline
will there be for it to be included in Precise?

Thanks for the help. I'll try #juju if I have any other quick questions.

Mike