basic juju/ec2 questions

Mathieu Lonjaret mathieu.lonjaret at
Sat Nov 12 14:46:03 UTC 2011

I'm a newbie with both juju and amazon and I have a few basic questions.
At the moment I'm just playing with juju, while following the documentation
and trying things out.

My first question is, (with the first ec2 configuration example given here
which point am I starting to use the ec2, and hence, I suppose, paying for
it? after issueing 'juju bootstrap' or after 'juju deploy ...' ?

Similarly, the tutoral says to issue 'juju destroy-environment' when I'm
done. But say I'm done for the day and just want to continue the next day
from where I was; isn't there a way to kindof freeze everything and start
things back where I left them, instead of having to recreate everything?

Sorry if it sounds silly/naive...