An opportunity for JuJu - django deployment

Michael Nelson michael.nelson at canonical.com
Fri Nov 11 22:41:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Sidnei da Silva
<sidnei.da.silva at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Gustavo Niemeyer
> <gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com> wrote:
>>> The article is worth reading - it highlights the exact need for which
>>> juju is a solution (afaict)...
>>

>> I believe Sidnei (hi Sidnei!) has something like that pretty much ready. :-)
>
> Well, that's quite a stretch, since I didn't touch it since
> PythonBrasil. But it's a start:
>
> Charm:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~sidnei/+junk/django-juju-charm

Thanks Sidnei! Yes, it's a nice example of using a juju config to
deploy a django development server for a branch.

I'd be interested to see how much is involved to have an Apache+django
wsgi app charm that uses our IS's standard setup (possibly using the
same puppet modules to setup machine states etc.), and can be related
to an haproxy service etc. Let me know if you'll be looking into that
(or Gustavo, if anyone else will be) - if not, I'll try to get some
time to do so.

-Michael