status output changes
william.reade at canonical.com
Fri Nov 11 09:21:39 UTC 2011
lp:871743 and lp:769120 imply changes to status output, and we should
make sure we've considered them properly before we actually make the
changes. So, I propose that:
1) Unit state dicts' "state"s will contain the following possible
* If no unit workflow state has been set: "pending"
* Elif unit agent is not connected: "down"
* Else: the current value of the unit workflow state
2) Machine state dicts' "state"s will contain the following possible
* If a machine agent is connected: "running"
* Elif every assigned unit is "pending": "pending (instance: %s)"
* Else: "down (instance: %s)"
When a machine agent is not running, the "(instance: %s)"s are intended
to give users visibility into the underlying state of the provider
machine; it's useful to know, for example, the difference between an
orchestra machine that was never successfully provisioned as opposed to
one that "should" now be running.
Does anyone have any enhancements/objections?
More information about the Juju