Going from a remote charm to a local fork of it...

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 9 14:16:11 UTC 2011

Since I expect we'll have the charm store soon enough, I wanted to start
thinking about how it might end up being used in production. One thing
that crossed my mind is how will people fork the remote charms?

If the mysql charm doesn't do something that I need, I'll need to fork
it before I can propose any change for the masses. So, do we support
that somehow?

Seems like once we've deployed.. we can only upgrade-charm from the
same place, since the namespace is kept along with the charm at that
point.