Opinionated / sensible / recommended default tools for charms

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Wed Nov 9 12:16:44 UTC 2011

Hey Michael, Adam,

> Similar to Clint's point, I was expecting/hoping that things like a
> puppet apache module would be packaged so that the charm would *make*
> it available as part of the install hook. That is, an install hook
> something like:
(...)

FWIW, this is how I envisioned that kind of integration happening as
well. This enables this charm to be used within the juju
infrastructure without any other requirements, and be seen as a
"first-class citizen" within the juju ecosystem, with encapsulation of
its configuration preserved. Integrating juju with the puppet master
is certainly possible, but it's breaking down some of the reasons why
we've developed juju in the first place.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net

-- I'm not absolutely sure of anything.