ensembles of local vms/schroots/lxcs?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue May 31 10:04:42 UTC 2011

(This question might be really ignorant of how Ensemble works; if so excuse me.)

Going off a comment from jml, I was wondering if it would make any
sense for ensemble to be able to assemble local virtual environments
like chroots, lxcs or virtual machines.  There are a lot of pages like
<https://dev.launchpad.net/Running/Schroot> or one Loïc just sent me
regarding Linaro, and it seems to be not totally unlike the kind of
thing Ensemble aims to automate.  Is Ensemble's connection to ec2-type
APIs architecturally essential or could other types of container be
supported?

Martin