The principia distribution is created an initial formulas branches pushed

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Sun May 29 07:06:54 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Gustavo Niemeyer's message of Sat May 28 17:31:01 -0700 2011:
> Hey Clint,
>
> > I'll give the interim formula dev story a try and from that I should be able to
> > produce some documentation on how to do it.
> >
> > If nobody else knows a better tool than mr, I'll use that until we have
> > a proper repository.
>
> Please note that there's on going work to push this forward in terms
> of code and experience in the direction last discussed in the
> "Principia updated to latest Ensemble trunk" thread.
>
> That's not to discourage you from joining that effort, but rather just
> to make sure we converge our bridges in the middle.  It'd be important
> to have documentation or tools already following the actual workflow
> we've agreed to push, or to talk about it if it should change somehow.

Right, I'm trying to do as little as possible to keep Principia moving
forward until the Ensemble repository work is ready. I don't think we
need to meet in the middle.. I fully expect most of what I'm doing now
will be superseded by ensemble's repository work, hopefully soon. :)

Doing anything at all is just a stop gap to make sure people can
try out the formulas now with the PPA, and possibly submit patches
easily. Hopefully it does not live for very long. However, I plan to
encourage people to try out Ensemble at a few conferences in the next
few weeks, so I want to make sure the experience is smooth as they move
from the examples to Principia.