The principia distribution is created an initial formulas branches pushed

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Sat May 28 00:59:22 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Francis J. Lacoste's message of Fri May 27 11:08:09 -0700 2011:
> Hi,
>
> The principia distribution has finally been created.
>
> https://launchpad.net/principia
>
> I've used bzr split to create a branch for each of the existing formulas and
> pushed them to Launchpad. I had to publish a dummy package in my ppa to enable
> me to push the mysql branch (working around bug 386596).
>
> You can see the available branches from:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/principia

Sweeeeeet.

> There branch removing the formula from principia-tools is available for review
> https://code.launchpad.net/~flacoste/principia-tools/formulas-
> split/+merge/62720
>
> The next steps are:
>
> * Fix the Launchpad bugs preventing bug filing and source package name
> creation.
> * Document how to develop formula using Launchpad and this new distribution.
> * Update principia-tools documentation based on this new organization.
>
> I'll take care of making the first one happens, anyone volunteering for the
> others?

I'll give the interim formula dev story a try and from that I should be able to
produce some documentation on how to do it.

If nobody else knows a better tool than mr, I'll use that until we have
a proper repository.