Fwd: Amazon Route 53 Announces ELB integration, Weighted Round Robin, and General Availability

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Wed May 25 11:54:18 UTC 2011

This is a big one for people getting started on AWS.

Before, even if it was possible for one to scale or to have multiple
nodes for resilience, and even to balance things across multiple
nodes, the root domain ("example.com") couldn't be routed through the
load balancer. Now something like this should be trivial.

One of the main steps left in this area now is to allow the ELB to
route internal traffic between services.