Creating the principia distribution

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Fri May 20 19:23:06 UTC 2011

> Off the start, we already know about two important ones:

There's another one about being able to observe branches:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/781600

> Nonetheless, these two bugs were escalated and will be taken care of by our
> maintenance squads shortly.

That's awesome, thank you!  The suggested workarounds are inadequate
because both of them introduce important constraints we don't want to
put on people (a relevant delay on the first one, and a naming
constraint on the second one which implies a relation between package
and formula which doesn't exist).

> So unless there are objections, I'd like to rename the existing principia
> project to principa-old and deactivate it. I would create a new distribution
> called 'principia' (with the same owner). We should then upload branches for
> the existing formulas.

+1!

--
Gustavo Niemeyer