Principia/Ensemble progress on Launchpad?

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Mon Jun 13 21:16:50 UTC 2011

> Firstly, Loggerhead already allows authenticated access to private
> branches, so when this lands you should be able to make up a URL that

Do you mean via OAuth?

> So that is pretty much bug 515128, perhaps along with adding a link to
> the tarball from lp's main ui.

This bug seems to describe the problem of having a download link
generated at the front page for a project.  While the internals could be
the same, the feature we need for Ensemble is a bit different: we need
to download a specific revision id, and have a way to authorize it via
OAuth.

> None of them say much about the API.  Can you tell me more what you
> were wanting to do with it?  I can imagine "add tarball from tag"
> making sense in the API.

Right now a formula is pretty much just a zip of the branch content.  We
want to obtain the branch content from a known revision to bundle and
publish it as required.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net