Principia/Ensemble progress on Launchpad?

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Mon Jun 13 20:59:00 UTC 2011

On 13 June 2011 07:20, Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com> wrote:
>> Non-staff contributor ~xaav is working on (and making progress on)
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/loggerhead/+bug/240580> which asks that
>> Loggerhead should let you download a tarball of a revision, and that
>> seems pretty close, or at least pretty useful in implementing it in
>> Launchpad.
>
> That's very nice and useful, but I'm not entirely sure it helps in
> this specific case.  The proposed idea would be to offer such tarballs
> via the API, so that the authentication logic used there would enable
> us to ask for tarballs on branches that aren't public but for which
> the given user has access.  Would loggerhead enable that kind of
> logic?

It can connect in a few ways.

Firstly, Loggerhead already allows authenticated access to private
branches, so when this lands you should be able to make up a URL that
will get a tarball of a particular branch or tag.  (Though openid
might make that a bit hard to use from noninteractive clients.)

So that is pretty much bug 515128, perhaps along with adding a link to
the tarball from lp's main ui.

Adding them as download files from within the lp ui (325761) would
probably be a matter of adding a job that exports the tarball and puts
it in the librarian.

None of them say much about the API.  Can you tell me more what you
were wanting to do with it?  I can imagine "add tarball from tag"
making sense in the API.

Martin