Principia and formulas that use software from outside of Ubuntu

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Mon Jun 13 17:08:18 UTC 2011

> I'd like to see it be a first-class citizen in Ensemble with official
> formulas that deploy from version control or non-ubuntu archives
> (PPA, etc) in the way that upstream recommends.

It is a first class option already, and will continue to be.  You can
do anything you want within the install hook of the formula,
including downloading/compiling packages from source.

For the _official_ formulas, though (the ones we bless as
recommended), we'll certainly have more strict rules.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net