Principia and formulas that use software from outside of Ubuntu

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 13 15:35:48 UTC 2011

On 13/06/11 16:21, Clint Byrum wrote:
> If we don't like the optional repository idea, another option is that
> we could possibly bless certain sources of non-Ubuntu software according
> to a few sets of rules.

This all sounds like a PPA-equivalent requirement, to me. It doesn't
sound like "partner" or "non-free" because even those generally provide
some assurances of review by Ubuntu.

I think we should get the core Principia hosting up and running, with a
nice contribution/review/integration/publish cycle. Then we can figure
out PPA's ("Personal Principia Archives"?).

> Blessing something makes me immediately jump to the fact that we aren't
> signing bzr commits to principia, which we should probably do since we
> don't have .changes or .dsc files.

+1. We can also of course ensure that the repository structure includes
a chain of trust / signatures.

Mark