Answering user questions

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 31 03:32:16 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I added a link to ensemble.ubuntu.com that reads "Ask
a Question", which automagically opens a question on askubuntu.com
with an "ensemble" tag. At first I asked a few questions to get it
started:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/tagged/ensemble

At first we didn't have many questions but as we blog about it more
and people start to play with it we'll see an increase of questions.
Tonight andrewsomething (an Ubuntu contributor) seems to be playing
with Ensemble and has asked a few questions. Myself, Ahmed, and Clint
check these questions, but I'd like to just invite the rest of the
team to keep an eye out on these. You can subscribe to an RSS feed to
the questions at the bottom of the page, or you can hover over the
ensemble tag and subscribe to email notifications.

Ask Ubuntu runs on the same engine as Stack Overflow, so hopefully
this style of site is familiar to some of you. (Ben, I promise, no
homework questions!) My idea is that this would be a nice user
friendly way for people to ask questions about Ensemble in a way that
we can reuse and build a knowledge base of information. Think of it as
an extension of the official docs. Ideally when one of you answers a
question try to link to the section of the official documentation that
would be useful for a person. If your answer ends up clarifying
something we need to fix in the docs then that's a great bonus because
we know a real person ran into the problem and needs it explained (as
opposed to us guessing what users might and might not have problems
with.) We'll then be able to figure out which parts of the docs and
formulas need to be fixed/improved.

If anyone has any questions on how to use the site please feel free to
ping me offline and I'd be more than happy to give you a once over on
how to use it.

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.