[DRAFT] Co-located services

Benjamin Saller bcsaller at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 18:25:54 UTC 2011

> If people find that their use case is served by "abusing" a model in a
> way that works for them, we should *embrace* that. Words like "bad" and
> "abuse", therefore, should not appear in specs in this context.

Of course I agree with the general sentiment but in this case its a
concern about trading short term conveniences or longer term
re-useability. If people author formula that only function properly
with other co-located services its feel like we risk damage to the
ecosystem. That is the risk I was trying to highlight and I still
believe its valid. If the temptation is use co-location in a way that
limits reuse we should be aware that we are missing some desirable
property elsewhere is the stack.

-Ben