gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Thu Jul 28 15:55:35 UTC 2011
> To reconcile Andres' current branch with trunk, and get us into a state
> where we can work as described above, all I can think of is to:
I'm not entirely sure if this reflects the call we had yesterday (it
could be not understanding it). What I thought we had agreed on was:
1) A new trunk-shadow branch is created out of trunk, to enable you
guys to iterate faster than we can in trunk itself due to the
2) Andres branches from trunk-shadow and into feature-branch-1, and
starts working to fix a _specific_ aspect on that branch, so that the
size of this branch is contained.
3) Andres is happy with the change, and delivers the branch to William
for further tweaking/testing to conform to the project practices.
4) Andres starts a new feature-branch-2 out of either feature-branch-1
(in case the new feature is dependent on the previous work) or
trunk-shadow (in case it's not) and starts working on it.
5) William grabs feature-branch-1 and changes it as necessary to
conform to the project, and then pushes it for review and _also_
merges the branch into trunk-shadow immediately, so that Andres can
start working with the changes immediately.
6) Andres merges trunk-shadow into feature-branch-2, so that it
reflects the latest changes.
7) Go back to (3).
How does it sound?
-- I never filed a patent.
More information about the Ensemble