lxc provider results

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Dec 22 07:17:32 UTC 2011

I tried to run a tiny charm (for the udd importer) in an lxc
container; I hit some snags.

* doc: many services probably want the actual guts of the service not
running as root; perhaps we should add an example of using su - to do
configuration inside that user account

* no obvious way to give arguments to lxc debootstrap, eg to use a
different ubuntu mirror? - fixed in my doc branch, you use
/etc/lxc/default

* silently fails if lxc-start exits? https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/907655
 - still haven't solved it, it may be something on my machine but it's
confusing - i'm running strace on random things, but I'v run out of
time for today.

The best message I see is

      lxc-start 1324537300.978 ERROR    lxc_start - failed to spawn
'mbp-local-udd-0'

sorry this is terse; I really have to leave for the holidays now.

--
Martin