Splitting channels

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 13 15:18:59 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Gustavo Niemeyer
<gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com> wrote:
> I think it's time for us
> to split the channel into #juju and #juju-dev, to avoid that kind of
> unintended takeover.

I don't feel strongly one way or the other but something to think about:

We had debated using #ubuntu-meeting or something like #juju-charmers
for the charm school but then decided that we should use the main
#juju channel to force all the activity and buzz into one place and to
make that the place to be to talk about juju.

I get the feeling that we're still too small to split the channel, it
doesn't feel like the channel is overwhelmed. I have no idea what you
and rog are talking about but I know I should keep track of it, the
way we do it now makes sure I don't forget, ditto when we get an
incoming charm that might not be a direct interest to the core dev
people other than "oh neat, a new charm".

Note that I will be happy when we have enough charmers in the channel
that the core dev kicks us out to our own channel. :)