Qt GUI for Juju in the Works

Nathan Osman nathan.osman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:00:14 UTC 2011

As requested by Jorge Castro, I am announcing the development of a GUI for
Juju.

A few days back, the thought came to me that Juju's command-line interface
might be a little intimidating for some and it offers no means of issuing
an alert when something goes wrong. Therefore, I decided that I would begin
writing a graphical interface for Juju that provided an easy interface for
configuring, deploying, and maintaining services / units / etc. At that
point, Juju GUI was born.

The application itself is written in Qt and is hosted on Launchpad
here<https://launchpad.net/juju-gui>.
For those of you interested in trying the application out, I have set up
daily builds for the package in this
PPA<https://code.launchpad.net/~george-edison55/+archive/juju-gui>.
(The package is named juju-gui.) I should point out that the application is
still in its early stages of development and doesn't do much yet. Currently
I am working on the dialog that allows editing of environments.yaml.)

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

- Nathan