Plans for "home use"?

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Sun Aug 14 20:44:07 UTC 2011

> Another idea could be Cacti (a network graphing solution) or Nagios. I'd
> like to start writing my first formulas.

This would be very nice indeed.  We can establish relations specific
to monitoring services, and in the case of Nagios/Cacti, given that
the script is really specific to each service, it may make sense to
keep that knowledge within the formula of the service itself.  This
also enables the relation interface to be generic for all services.

How do you think that interface should look like?

We would certainly be very happy to have help on that area.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net

-- I never filed a patent.