Renaming Principia to 'Ensemble Formula Collection'

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 12 16:00:07 UTC 2011

The time has come to integrate principia directly into Ensemble. Rather
than start over from scratch, we are going to take everything that is
in principia, and rename it to 'formulas'.

I will be working with Launchpad ops to do the rename some time
today. When it is completed I will send another message.

So, anywhere you see

https://launchpad.net/principia

That needs to be changed to

https://launchpad.net/formulas

This goes for all launchpad components like code, bugs, etc.

This also means that all of your local formula branches will be pointing
to the wrong remote location.

In order to update them, you will need to do this in each one:

bzr pull --remember lp:<replace principia with formulas>

So if bzr info shows you

lp:~ensemble-composers/principia/oneiric/mysql/trunk

You would do

bzr pull --remember lp:~ensemble-composers/formulas/oneiric/mysql/trunk

If you get a message that branches have diverged, you can do the same
thing with merge instead of pull.

Also make sure when you send changes up to launchpad, do the same thing
with 'bzr push --remember'

If you are using principia tools, those will be updated to point at the
new location, and will continue to work until they are superseded by
functionality in Ensemble.