Bikeshed: repositroy prefix

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Thu Aug 4 20:41:02 UTC 2011

> Here are a few suggestions collected in the channel:

I think we have an intermediate plan, actually, based on feedback from
Ben. The command will generally work with this:

    ensemble deploy wordpress

This takes the default series from the environment.  Or, explicitly as this:

    ensemble deploy oneiric/wordpress

Both of these, though, are aliases for the following:

    ensemble deploy store:wordpress
    ensemble deploy store:oneiric/wordpress

Then, personal formulas can be deployed as this:

    ensemble deploy store:~jcastro/oneiric/wordpress

No aliases, since the ~ there makes it inconvenient as a prefix in the shell.

I'm picking "store" because it's very close to "repo" which had a few
+1 votes in the channel, and while "store" is very close to
"repository", it's a shorter word and needs no abbreviation.

If we have no strong feeling against this, I'll try to run with this
in the spec.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net