Principia updated to latest Ensemble trunk.

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Thu Apr 21 16:45:00 UTC 2011

> The entire reason they're in Recommends/Suggests and not Depends is
> that they are imperfect relationships that need something like ensemble
> to properly define them. These are nice clues for accelerating formula
> development I think.

There's no 1-1 relationships between packages and formulas, we can't
tell the relation name out of the package name, we can't tell how to
use the relation (what are the settings, what do they mean, etc), and
can't even tell if it's a relevant dependency or not.  This means
that, given a suggests/recommends, the only thing one can tell is that
perhaps a relation can be created to enable the software to talk to an
external service, but the whole process continues to be manual.

That's the reason why I'm personally not very excited about that
information extraction, but if you feel some benefit in using the
tool, that's certainly a good reason to continue pushing it forward.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net