Principia updated to latest Ensemble trunk.

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Wed Apr 20 21:17:46 UTC 2011

> Yeah, I like this a lot as a precedent for "user variation" of the
> "master" which might just be lp:myformula. PPA-like.

Agreed.

> With PPA's, we have "collections", in the sense that a user might have
> "daily" and "milestone" archives. The same abstraction might be useful?

Indeed, it feels nice to give people a way to organize their formulas
somehow.  To get started, we can have an option in the command line
such as:

    $ ensemble publish --archive daily

Behind the scenes, this is publishing the formula to
lp:~user/formula/daily:myformula or similar.  The indexing procedure
inside the repository will then make some better use of the metadata,
and enable people to use/search the collection. E.g.:

    $ ensemble deploy lp:~user/daily/myformula

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net