Ensemble community venues

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Mon Apr 11 20:09:26 UTC 2011

> I don't feel comfortable demo'ing principia anymore, as it does not work
> with ensemble trunk, which has a lot of important things in it.

Would you be able to help us fixing it, please?

(...)
> I understand it was a pre-release and I knew things would change. But
> I don't have any way to know when they will *stop* changing, and so,
> I have no incentive right now to pick the work back up and update it to
> be current, or to even write new formulas (I have some really cool ideas
> for some formulas, but I'm not going to write them until they have some
> kind of known shelf-life).

You are overreacting.   We have done a single non-backwards compatible
change since you started principia, and that change was openly
debated, is trivial to fix in any formula, and was done after *your*
input.

> I'm virtually on my knees here begging. Please lets set a date where
> we will stop changing the formula spec in backward incompatible ways,

We won't make that promise.  Stick with us and help us defining
if/when/why/how things will change, if ever.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net