Ensemble community venues

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Mon Apr 11 18:06:01 UTC 2011

Sorry for not replying earlier.  None of these messages ever made
into my inbox.  I seem to have some problem receiving messages
from this list specifically, for some reason.

> Got a couple of points to discuss
>
> 1- Wrt community communication channels, may I suggest the following (if
> it's not already the case)
> #ubuntu-ensemble => For Developer discussions, core ensemble only
> #ubuntu-cloud => For Ensemble "user" support and "formula writer"

It feels like we shouldn't enforce anything at this point.  We need
a specific channel to hold development since the volume of conversation
would be disturbing for #ubuntu-cloud, and questions from authors and
users of Ensemble in #ubuntu-ensemble feel quite on topic.

That said, we'll naturally be very happy to answer questions on
#ubuntu-cloud as well.

> 2- I'd like to request holding a weekly irc meeting for the ensemble
> team with the purpose of updating the community on the status of

Sounds like a great idea!  Can you help us with that?

As an idea, we already have a daily meeting to push development
forward, so it'd be good to have you in some of those meetings
so you can understand what's going on, and to enable you to both
stay on top of what's happening and be able to drive such IRC
meetings.

The concept is good in general, but I'm afraid we don't have a regular
community in our IRC channels to make that time

> #ubuntu-cloud every Wed at 18:00-UTC. The reason for choosing that time,

That's the time of our daily standup as well.  Maybe we can get rid
of the daily standup on Wednesdays specifically, and move it to the
IRC channel.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net