Juju GUI 0.12.0: Bundles (beta)!

Gary Poster gary.poster at canonical.com
Thu Nov 7 22:23:30 UTC 2013

http://jujugui.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/juju-gui-0-12-0-bundles-beta/

Today we made a huge release for us: Juju GUI 0.12.0.  In arguably the
biggest single new feature of the GUI since its release, the GUI now
supports importing, exporting, browsing and deploying “bundles”. Bundles
are collections of charms and their relations. You can export bundles
using the export icon at the top of the GUI (an arrow pointing up out of
a box) or shift-d. You can import them using the import icon (an arrow
pointing into the box), by dragging yaml files from your computer and
dropping then onto the environment, or by deploying bundles found in the
store.

We believe these are ready to use, but we want more published bundles
available in the browser, and we want to have a chance for people to
give it a whirl and report back bugs.  Therefore, we are calling this
feature “beta,” despite the fact that we do not show it as such in the GUI.

As ever, you can see where our trunk is on
http://comingsoon.jujucharms.com/ (you may need to hard-refresh this
developer site occasionally).  We plan to update jujucharms.com soon.

If you want to try it out in your own Juju environment, check out the
documentation…or check out our new Juju Quickstart plugin, described
previously
(http://jujugui.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/juju-quickstart-plugin-alpha-but-useful/)!

Other improvements to the GUI in this release include the following.

* Add new build mode onboarding information for first time users.
* Add the ability to deploy straight from quicksearch results.
* Reduce the overall sprite and css sizes by more than half, speeding
load time.
* Remove footer from the UI and improve the header design providing more
room for the environment.
* (FIX) Improve font rendering for OSX users.
* (FIX) Correct the cookie warning layout.
* (FIX) Fix IE10 reloading when upgrade charm is selected.

Congratulations and thanks to the whole GUI team on this release, who
really worked hard to make this happen.