Rick Harding rick.harding at canonical.com
Wed Jul 24 22:15:23 UTC 2013

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013, Jeff Pihach wrote:

> Are the number of styles that we rely on from skin-sam that large
> that we can't simply copy and paste them into our own styles and
> ditch this class entirely? This will also allow us to not import any
> of the yui css freeing up some kb's.

The trouble is just in finding them. They nest, and which rules are
important. Color ones now, but what about borders/padding/margins/position?
The autocomplete widget has a dozen classes used from the container through
to each item. Since we needed it for the slider as well it was simpler to
use it.

In the end, it can be done either way. I'm just admitting that removing the
yui3-skin-sam will also break autocomplete as of today. We'd need follow up
branches for both the slider and autocomplete. The tabview was working fine
before inclusion of the sam skin.

--

Rick Harding

Cloud Engineering