Asterisks in comments for vim and sublime

Matthew Scott matthew.scott at canonical.com
Sat Jul 13 02:57:09 UTC 2013

Alright, so I can't tell if I'm being helpful here or if I'm just fanning
the flames, but rest assured it's all in good fun :)

vim: :set fo+=r (or -=r to remove the leader), or, in ~/.vimrc:

if has("autocmd")
  " This is just my javascript entry...
  autocmd FileType javascript set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 fo=cqr et

  " ...I would also recommend this for our docs:
  autocmd FileType rst set tw=80 fo=tc spell
  " This sets a hard wrap at 80 characters, and if you select lines in
visual mode,
  " `gq` will reformat any too long/too short lines in a paragraph.
endif

SublimeTex: https://github.com/spadgos/sublime-jsdocs

I'm still a firm '0' on asterisks, but I found these while noodling around
with formatoptions, so...cheers!

Safe travels, see (some of) you Monday!

~M