Friday bug list for GUI and Orange

Gary Poster gary.poster at canonical.com
Fri Jul 12 23:18:46 UTC 2013

Hi all.  See below for the status for the prepare-for release day.

On 07/12/2013 08:57 AM, Gary Poster wrote:
> Hi all.  I have made cards on the GUI board for all of the following.
> IMO, these take precedence today for anything else we have, definitely
> for GUI and ideally for Orange, unless you have another task pertinent
> to the OSCON release.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gary
>
> Must have for release
> * Review/Land Huw's visual update 5
> (https://codereview.appspot.com/11209043/) RICK SHOULD BE ONE OF THE
> REVIEWERS

Done, with some tweaks, thanks to Brad.

> * bug 1200463 (export bug from Kapil) BEN
> * bug 1200462 (export bug from Kapil) BEN

Ben has a branch for all export bugs, including some that were new, with
two LGTM reviews.  I suspect he'll land it soon.

> * Somehow expediently fix up poor search interaction experience between
> categories/filters/text search.  Luca and Rick and Gary will need to
> confer on this before we can tackle.

Done, thanks to Rick.

> * Somehow expediently fix up home/back button issues.  Luca and Gary and
> Rick need to discuss before we can tackle.

Done, thanks to Rick, though see new related high priority bug below.

> High priority
> * bug 1200412 (drag-and-drop icon cleanup)

In progress thanks to Benji and Jeff.  Hopefully will land today, or
this weekend.

> * Remove (feature-flag) all charm browser search filters from GUI. RICK
> OR JON?

Canceled.  We still need them given the features of the current iteration.

> * incorporate Ant's sticky header code as an interim measure for the
> charm browser

Not done.

> Nice to have and maybe easy
> * make charm titles uses an ellipsis (CSS; Luca can provide details or
> gary can get them from the Visual-update-4 thread)

Done, thanks to Brad.

> * incorporate Ant's CSS transitions into the charm browser (for opening
> and closing stuff).

Not done.

> Nice to have
> * bug 1200459 (export bug from Kapil)

See above comment about Ben's branch.

> Gary is dreaming
> * Bug 1200008 (the icon part)

Yeah, never mind.

Additionally, Jon landed some sharing changes, per a discussion with Luca.

So what does that leave us with, assuming everything in progress above
lands?

HIGH PRIORITY:

 * (NEW) bug 1200771 (deploying a charm from full-screen browse does not
update the browser/build buttons to correct state) (Rick or Jon?)

 * (NEW) 1200743 (complex search/view interactions in fullscreen fail to
work) (Rick or Jon?)

 * (fallout from Home work, above) I *really* don't want the home link
to be shown on the initial side panel view, the way that it is after
today's home link compromise.  Rick and I talked about a possible XXX
fix for this. (Rick?)

* Address style issues Jaime raised (I sent this to Huw, so, Huw?)

NICE TO HAVE:

* incorporate Ant's sticky header code as an interim measure for the
charm browser.  (Huw or Ant?)

* incorporate Ant's CSS transitions into the charm browser (for opening
and closing stuff).  (Huw or Ant?)

With a little bit of luck we can get the high priority bugs dealt with
by early Monday morning.

Thanks, everyone, for bringing this forward so quickly!

Gary