Juju GUI User Feedback

Antonio Rosales antonio.rosales at canonical.com
Thu Feb 28 07:42:51 UTC 2013

I have been collecting some user feedback and wanted to share it with
the team.

  -From the canvas when I click to "view" a service, and then click on
the unit I lose the menu to navigate to other aspects of the service.
Thus, I end up going back to the canvas and clicking on the "view" for
the given service.  It would be nice to keep the service navigation menu.

  -Also clicking on "Charm" in the navigation bar after selecting to
"view" a service from the canvas loses the navigation. I have to go
back to the canvas and select the "view" service to look at other
attributes if I choose to navigate to the "charm."

  -From the canvas when I click to "view" a service, and then click on
the unit the "public address" for canonistack is not filled in after
exposing the service and getting a public URL. I do see it in the
header, but it should also be in the table next to public address,
correct? Also in the same context (viewing a unit details) I do not
find in the table if the service is exposed or not, and in this view
the toggle expose "on/off" is not available.  It would be nice to see
the expose status clearly in the table under public address.
Furthermore, in this view (unit details) the open ports are only in
the header should these also be in the table?

  -How do I clear alerts?  I deployed a mysql service with wordpress,
and then tried to deploy a mysql service with thinkup, but forgot to
give the 2nd mysql service a unique name and I rightfully got an
error, which I corrected.  However the "Alert" at the top still showed
red, and did not give me the option to take action on it. If I repeat
this exercise I get repeating growl notifications as an added bonus.

--
Antonio Rosales
Ubuntu Server & Cloud Workloads