Fwd: Various small cleanups (issue 7005044)

Gary Poster gary.poster at canonical.com
Fri Dec 21 02:52:04 UTC 2012

Hey Nicola, Francesco and Ben.  This branch has some bits that might be
particularly interesting to you.  Note that, although the diff is
gigantic at 5000 lines, the "real" diff is more like a bit over 400
lines: I checked in some gallery files, as I discuss below (mentioning
other options).

Ben, the only part you might care about in particular is that I *think*
I addressed the "make test-prod" issue.  I *think* I did it with a
console.debug addition to our dummy console.  But anyway, prod tests
seem to pass on my branch, even after clearing the cache.  You don't
have to read any more now. Bye. ;-)

Francesco and Nicola, I'd like for you guys to either review it, maybe
with small changes for me, and I'll land it tomorrow when I have a spare
moment; *or* take this branch as inspiration and do everything better.
:-)  I have no great attachment to how I made these changes, so if you
want to do them differently that's cool by me.

There is a card for bug 1092199 in Review right now that represents this
branch.  Feel free to do what you will with it--delete it, own it,
subdivide it, or...just approve it. :-)

Thanks!

Gary