Juju 2.0-rc1 is here!

Andrew Wilkins andrew.wilkins at canonical.com
Wed Sep 21 06:07:33 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 1:56 PM Curtis Hovey-Canonical <curtis at canonical.com>
wrote:

> A new development release of Juju, 2.0-rc1, is here!

Woohoo!

> ## What's New in RC1
>
> * The Juju client now works on any Linux flavour. When bootstrapping
>   with local tools, it's now possible to create a controller of any
>   supported Linux series regardless of the Linux flavour the client
>   is running on.
> * Juju resolved command retries failed hooks by default:
>   juju resolved <unit> // marks unit errors resolved and retries failed
> hooks
>   juju resolved --no-retry <unit> //marks unit errors resolved w/o
> retrying hooks
> * MAAS 2.0 Juju provider has been updated to use MAAS API 2.0's owner
>   data for instance tagging.
> * Networking fixes for containers in MAAS 2.0 when the parent device is
>   unconfigured. (#1566791)
> * Azure provider performance has been enhanced, utilising Azure Resource
>   Manager templates, and improved parallelisation.
> * Azure provider now supports an "interactive" auth-type, making it much
>   easier to set up credentials for bootstrapping. The "userpass"
>   auth-type has been deprecated, and replaced with
>   "service-principal-secret".

In case anyone jumps right on this, please note that
https://streams.canonical.com/juju/public-clouds.syaml isn't yet updated.
It will be updated soon, but in the mean time, if you want to try out the
azure interactive add-credential, make sure you:
 - delete ~/.local/share/juju/public-clouds.yaml (if it exists)
 - *don't* run "juju update-clouds" until that file is updated
Then Juju will use the cloud definitions built into the client.

Cheers,
Andrew