Juju API breaks landed in master, soon to be released as beta 11

Tim Penhey tim.penhey at canonical.com
Thu Jun 30 16:01:29 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

Continuing the rationalization of the API wire protocol there are more
breaks to the API.

With beta 10, we thought we fixed all the structures that were sent over
the API to be consistently lowercase with dash separated words. However
it was brought to our attention that there were a number of places that
were missed:
- the top level RPC fields for both requests and responses (things like
Request, RequestId, Version, Params, Response etc.);
- all the mega-watcher types;
- Client.CharmInfo responses (api.CharmInfo fields are not annotated,
except for Metrics, capitalised)
- Placement fields

These should now all be lowercase with the dash separated words.

Also there have been a few method moves:
- CharmInfo method has moved from the "Client" facade to the "Charms" facade
- DestroyModel has moved from the "Client" facade to the "ModelManager"
facade.

Also, the "payloads" and "resources" facade names have been capitalized
to now be "Payloads" and "Resources" so they are consistent with the
other facade names.

If you find any key values that do not conform, it is a bug and please
let us know.

Details of the github pull requests that changed the tagging and names:
  - https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/5739/files
    Payloads and Resources facade name changes, tagging of payloads
    and resource structs
  - https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/5737/files
    CharmInfo tags, multiwatcher Address tags
  - https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/5730/files
    top level RPC calls
  - https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/5724/files
    megawatcher tags, also found a server-uuid which is now
    controller-uuid.
  - https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/5703/files
    tags on charm actions and relation endpoints
  - https://github.com/juju/juju/pull/5702/files
    moves the DestroyModel call

Cheers,
Tim