Juju 2.0-beta9 ETA

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 14 05:06:57 UTC 2016

On 13/06/16 14:35, Ian Booth wrote:
> The above are model commands. So we need a way to set foo=bar on the controller
> itself (ie update the shared controller wide config). What are you proposing?
> Did you intend that setting foo on the controller model would satisfy the
> requirement? That seems to be wrong for 2 reasons:

I think we are conflating two ideas:

 * properties of the controller
 * default model properties

In the latter case, you are describing these are "set foo=bar on the
controller itself" but it is not actually a controller property, it's
just that you're using the "controller" as a way to describe "the place
where the model defaults are for this controller".

That's why I prefer:

 set-controller-config
 set-model-config
 set-model-default

The last one makes it clear that what you are setting is a *model
property* it's just a model property that will be used when the model
hasn't overridden it.

One last thing to discuss is whether some of these model properties are
"forked" at model instance time, in which case setting the model-default
will not affect an existing model, or whether they are run-time
real-time, updating the model-default will update all existing models
that have not overridden that config.

Mark