Reminder: Leaving code better than you find it.

Tim Penhey tim.penhey at canonical.com
Wed Jul 20 02:33:16 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'd like to reiterate a key tenet [1] for the core team, and that is
   "leave the code better than you found it"

Often we get too focused on the one thing we are trying to land, and
disregard other small fixes or changes that could be made to make the
code better.

I'm not saying that if you touch a file you need to make it "golden", or
fix everything in the file, but sometimes you can make small related
changes that leave things in a better state.

Just landing more code often leaves things in the same or worse state,
please work to leave things in a better state.

Thanks,
Tim

[1] noun, a principle or belief