New feature in 1.25.0: Payload Management!

Katherine Cox-Buday katherine.cox-buday at canonical.com
Fri Oct 23 18:12:54 UTC 2015

Hey All,

Moonstone have been working hard this cycle on delivering a way to manage payloads from within a Juju Charm, and providing a nice way to expose information about the payloads through the Juju client. We got off course for a bit there, but with the help of Mark and some others, we're very happy to announce that this work has landed in v1.25.0 (now in proposed)!

Throughout work on this feature, we've worked very closely with our amazing Ecosystems team, and we're happy to point you all to a blog post[1] Chuck (lazypower) put together demonstrating a charm he's written utilizing payload management (as well as our awesome new reactive charming!). The payload management stuff starts @ 3:40 in Chuck's video[2], but it's only 6 minutes long, so go ahead and watch the entire thing :)

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions!

-
Katherine

[1] http://blog.dasroot.net/2015-charming-2-point-oh.html
[2] https://youtu.be/aRQcERLnbIQ?t=221