lxd provider in master

Eric Snow eric.snow at canonical.com
Mon Nov 23 15:53:17 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Tim Penhey <tim.penhey at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that the lxd provider was now in master and attempted to use
> it to help debug an HA problem.
>
> In environments.yaml file I added a very simple clause:
>
>    lxd:
>       type: lxd

This is what I've been using.  It works fine.

> But when I try to bootstrap, I get the following:
>
> $ juju bootstrap --debug
> 2015-11-23 03:26:14 INFO juju.cmd supercommand.go:58 running juju
> [1.26-alpha2 gc]
> 2015-11-23 03:26:14 DEBUG juju.environs.config config.go:1473 coercion
> failed attributes: map[string]interface {}{"namespace":"tim-lxd",
> "container":"lxd"}, checker:

This helps identify the problem.  The environment you tried to
bootstrap has "container: lxd" and there is no "lxd" container type.
Perhaps it's an old environment, set up back when the LXD provider was
first prototyped (with its own container type)?  It does not appear to
be the simple "lxd" environment you showed above.

Also, FYI, "namespace" is still around but is not necessary.  It is
useful when you want to have multiple LXD providers running on your
local LXD.

-eric