any ways to update unit public address ?

Andrew Wilkins andrew.wilkins at canonical.com
Tue May 26 23:36:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 11:45 PM, Vasiliy Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru>
wrote:

> Hi! users sometimes can changed their server ip address, does it
> possible to change unit public address?
> Or only way is to edit mongodb database on state server?

Hi Vasiliy,

Do you mean in relation settings? The charm's config-changed hook
will be invoked when the machine addresses change. You can use this
hook to update a unit's relation settings.

There was a long thread about automatically updating the address,
but we didn't go there because it would break "proxy charms"; charms
that manage remote services, presenting addresses for remote machines.

Cheers,
Andrew