A cautionary tale of names

roger peppe roger.peppe at canonical.com
Mon Jan 12 09:23:56 UTC 2015

On 12 January 2015 at 03:17, Tim Penhey <tim.penhey at canonical.com> wrote:
> This is because the EC2 provider tags the machines with the environment
> name, and not environment UUID.  I think we should change this ASAP.

+1. The environment name should be purely client-local IMHO.

The main thing that needs to happen to enable this, if it
hasn't been done already, is to generate
the UUID client side before bootstrapping the environment.

It's also worth considering that this might break some existing
workflows, assuming it's still possible to perform operations on an
environment that has no .jenv file but just an environments.yaml entry.