psa pls don't use transactions for single doc unobserved atomic updates

Tim Penhey tim.penhey at canonical.com
Sun Sep 21 23:00:39 UTC 2014

There is one that I talked with Kapil about this morning.

When a user connects over the client api, we record the last login time.
Currently this uses a transaction, but doesn't need to.  In fact using a
transaction here takes an order of magnitude longer, and wakes up
watchers when it doesn't need to (because of a new transaction).

This is certainly something that is worthwhile looking at, and
determining a pattern for.

Tim