Juju Actions - Use Cases

Stuart Bishop stuart.bishop at canonical.com
Wed Sep 10 16:55:28 UTC 2014

On 10 September 2014 19:49, Richard Harding <rick.harding at canonical.com> wrote:

> I think most of the use cases presented so far line up with ours. One I
> want to call out as interesting and I hadn't thought about is killing a
> long running action in progress. The example of a database backup. I don't
> see anything along those lines in the current api doc. You can cancel
> something from the queue, but can you cancel something running.

I don't think this one impacts the design. The cancel action can kill
the process being run by the backup action easily enough, and that
still meets my use case.

Oh... I'll add one more to the list while I'm here

reset-secrets
  - Causes all generated passwords and secrets to be regenerated.
  - Likely will cause a micro outage as clients will get disconnected,
so it is on demand rather that done automatically every few hours.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bishop at canonical.com>