Focus for the next three weeks

Mark Canonical Ramm-Christensen mark.ramm-christensen at canonical.com
Tue Sep 10 18:06:10 UTC 2013

Here's my understanding of the priority ordering of the :

   - MAAS Tag support -- required for openstack deployments at scale
   - API only non-bootstrap agents -- required for IS and security
   conscious customers
   - ssl-hostname-verification: false -- required for a juju to be useful
   in lots of private clouds
   - Container addressability for MAAS -- required for cloud installer (and
   to show that containers are actually useful *somewhere*)
   - KVM containers -- required for the cloud installer
   - Simplestream tools -- makes the first 30 minute experience MUCH better
   - Container Pain -- while most public clouds don't yet have
   addressability, not having this makes the user experience un-nice.
   - Container addressability for EC2 / Openstack -- without this
   containers aren't actually able to solve the density problem for users in
   any of the public clouds we support
   - Handling OpenStack clouds without Object Storage -- without this a lot
   of openstack clouds won't work smoothly.

I added the last one, as well as John's SSL cert check removal, which is in
my estimation relatively high priority.

--Mark Ramm