No subject

Curtis Hovey-Canonical curtis at canonical.com
Fri Nov 15 20:02:17 UTC 2013

I need help understand why a bug is marked Fix Committed in trunk..
There is a request to release this bug in 1.16.4

https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1222671
Using the same maas user in different juju environments causes them to clash

At this moment, there are no branches linked to bug 1222671 to
indicate why it is fixed. I can see that Tim did not land anything
related this bug in the days preceding the change to Fix Committed. I
do believe this bug is fixed and that it is probably Fix Released in
juju 1.16.2.

The Maas aspect of this bug is Fix Released in Bug #1239488 (the maas
task was removed from this bug). Bug #1229275 was also fixed about
this time over several commits. Bug #1240423 was the last of this set
of maas bugs to be fixed. I think this bugs remaining topic overlapped
with the other maas bugs. Roger merged all the revisions that fixed
Bug #1229275 and Bug #1240423 into lp:juju-core/1.16 with
https://code.launchpad.net/~rogpeppe/juju-core/454-1.16-maas-changes/+merge/191413
. I believe Roger marked this bug as Fix Committed in 1.17 because it
is implicitly fixed.

If this bug is not Fix Released in 1.16, then the likely reason is
that 4 fixes to gomaasapi that are used by juju-core trunk that are
not used by 1.16. The fixes are api-compatible; I have verified all
unit tests pass under 1.16.4 with gomaasapi r47
(lp:~sinzui/juju-core/update-1.16-gomaasapi).

The 3 other bugs.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/maas/+bug/1239488
[SRU] Juju api client cannot distinguish between environments

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1229275
[maas] juju destroy-environment also destroys nodes that are not
controlled by juju

https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1240423
provider/maas: environment-uuid is the wrong name to use for the
machine disambiguation tag

--
Curtis Hovey
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations