PSA: golang tip currently fails to test juju-core

David Cheney david.cheney at canonical.com
Sun Feb 3 09:30:20 UTC 2013

Hello,

https://code.google.com/p/go/source/detail?r=cf8e097deec5ad5c61bb88fca6c9013c125621e5

Has broken some of the uniter tests. The cause is not yet clear, I
similar fix I worked on for the underlying issue also caused juju to
break in a similar manner so it is not clear if this is a problem with
the mgo driver (possibly bson) or go itself. If you are tracking golang
tip for your juju development environment, please stay below revision
cf8e097deec5.

As this change was caused by a fix to a Go 1.1 issue, it is likely that
this change will make it into Go 1.1 and cause us some grief, I'm
working with rsc now to figure out what happened.

Cheers

Dave