Mongo 2.2.0 vs. 2.4.6 problem

Nate Finch nate.finch at canonical.com
Thu Dec 19 18:53:24 UTC 2013

I'm getting a weird failure running some tests to set up mongo in a replica
set from a locally running instance of  Mongo.  The tests pass in 2.4.6,
but fail in 2.2.0.  Mongo output for each is here:
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/6596052/    The 2.2 instance fails with "all
members and seeds must be reachable to initiate set".  Anyone have any
suggestions for making this work in both 2.2 and 2.4?

This is a minimal implementation that shows the difference: (works against
mongo 2.4.6, fails against 2.2.0).

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/6601155/

Anyone on this list know Mongo well?  I've lost a lot of time trying to
figure this out.

-Nate