Question about simplestreams and imagemetadata

Jeroen Vermeulen jeroen.vermeulen at canonical.com
Mon Aug 5 13:02:13 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

I'm trying to figure out why simplestreams isn't working for the Azure
provider.

The problem lies in matching the product IDs.  From the image constraint
we pass, the imagemetadata code decides that we're looking for product
IDs like

     com.ubuntu.cloud:server:12.04:amd64

The structure of that ID is encoded in ImageConstraint.Ids(), in
environs/imagemetadata.

But the product IDs in the simplestream data look like:

     com.ubuntu.cloud:server:12.04:amd64:azure

(See
http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases/streams/v1/com.ubuntu.cloud:released:azure.json
for these).

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?  Am I doing something
wrong, or does something outside our provider need to change?

Jeroen