machine/0 series and the local machine series

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Wed Jun 27 04:48:38 UTC 2012

Hey Dave,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM, David Cheney
<david.cheney at canonical.com> wrote:
> I noticed that juju bootstrap will choose the series of the tools, and the ami to boot machine/0 based on the series of the machine juju bootstrap is executed on, a la.
(...)
> I'm wondering what the rational for this logic is. Wouldn't we want the latest LTS series.

The --upload-tools option is oriented specifically towards
development. We'll have tools published in a well known location per
provider for public consumption. You can find more details about that
logic in environs/tools.go.

> Also, there is no zookeeper package for maverick so provisioning would fail.

Maverick is not really a concern at this point.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net